chastity Add to list Share. Someone who practices chastity deliberately refrains from having sex, usually for religious reasons. … Chastity comes from the Latin word castus, meaning “morally pure,” and to some religious believers, chastity is closely related to a sense of purity and wholesomeness.
What is an example of chastity?
The definition of chastity is a quality held by someone pure, modest or celibate. A virgin is an example of chastity. … The state of abstaining from sexual intercourse before or outside of marriage; avoidance of sexual sins; the quality of being chaste; moral purity.
Why is chastity important?
Prepare Yourself Spiritually
Chastity is sexual purity and involves being morally clean in thoughts, words, and actions. … When we are sexually pure, we qualify for the companionship of the Holy Ghost, and we are protected from the emotional and spiritual damage of sexual sin.
What is a chaste life?
1 : innocent of unlawful sexual intercourse. 2 : celibate Monks lead a chaste life.
How do I stay pure with my boyfriend?
How to Stay Pure In Your Relationship
- Avoid tv shows, movies, or music that will expose you to sexual impurities. …
- Talk about it with your boyfriend and agree to it. …
- Set boundaries when it comes to time and physical affection. …
- Use code words to help each other avoid temptations. …
- Allow Jesus into your relationship.
Why is chastity essential before marriage?
In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints chastity is very important, quoting: “Physical intimacy between husband and wife is a beautiful and sacred part of God’s plan for His children. It is an expression of love within marriage and allows husband and wife to participate in the creation of life.
Why is chastity so important LDS?
Your Heavenly Father has given the law of chastity to protect and bless you. Like all sacred things, physical intimacy must be expressed according to God’s direction. As you keep the law of chastity, you will enjoy happiness, peace, and self-respect.
How do you live a chaste life?
10 Ways to Stay Chaste
- Get to know yourself before you get to know someone else. …
- Be friends first. …
- Discuss your boundaries before you start dating. …
- Avoid tempting situations. …
- Date with other people around. …
- Keep your thoughts clean. …
- Keep your dress and body language clean. …
- Pay attention to what you read, listen to and watch.
What 3 things will I avoid to grow in chastity?
three things I can avoid to grow in chastity?
- Share your values and come to an agreement together.
- Know yourself and establish what it is that you want.
- Trust in God. Don’t forget your spiritual life.
What is the meaning of chaste woman?
not having had sex, or only having a sexual relationship with the person you are married to: In the past, a woman needed to be chaste to make a good marriage.
How do you live a modest and chaste life?
10 Ways to Stay Chaste
- Get to know yourself before you get to know someone else.
- Be friends first.
- Discuss your boundaries before you start dating.
- Avoid tempting situations.
- Date with other people around.
- Keep your thoughts clean.
- Keep your dress and body language clean.
Is it good to kiss before marriage?
Premarital Kissing neither proves nor enhances true love. But rather enhances physical attraction which is classified as lust when not married. Kissing is good for marriage, but when not married it hinders true communication between the couple. Young, single people should avoid mouth-to-mouth kissing at all costs.
How do singles stay pure?
How to Stay Pure as a Single Girl
- Guard Your Heart. If you’ve read any of my other posts on being single, then you know I am a huge advocate of guarding our hearts as single girls! …
- Set Boundaries. …
- Surround Yourself with Godly Friends. …
- Have an Accountability Partner. …
- Keep Your Thoughts Pure. …
- Stay Plugged into the Bible. …
How do I have a godly relationship with my boyfriend?
To ensure God is an important part of your relationship with your partner, choose someone godly, try to embody God’s love in the way you treat each other, and make time to worship together each day. If you both put God first, you’ll strengthen your relationship with Him while building a deep connection as a couple.