What should I read in the Bible to get closer to God?
Consider these verses: 1 Peter 5:7, Psalm 13:1-6, Psalm 18:1-6, 16-19. I promise you this: God knows everything you’re going through and He will use your life circumstances as a way to draw you closer to Him.
How do you get closer to God spiritually?
Have you ever wondered how to get closer to God?
- 2.1 Open your Bible.
- 2.2 Pray.
- 2.3 Fellowship with other Christians.
- 2.4 Be humble.
- 2.5 Serve others.
- 2.6 Confess your sins and repent from your bad habits.
- 2.7 Love others.
- 2.8 Show gratitude.
How do I pray to get closer to God?
Give me the confidence that you come for me to heal me and set me free. There is nothing to fear in your merciful love. Draw me closer, O Lord, in your Word & loving grace. Let me come to you and rest.
How can I get back closer to God?
Here are some ways to help you find your way back to Him:
- Talk to Him. Just as with any other person in your life, communication is essential to strengthening your relationship with God. …
- Obey Him. Obey God’s commandments. …
- Study the scriptures. …
- Listen for Him. …
- Show gratitude. …
- Be mindful.
How can I follow God everyday?
Following God’s Plan for Your Life:
- Be in prayer. A way to know that you are following God’s plan for your life is by being in prayer. …
- Be actively reading in the Word. …
- Follow the commands He puts on your heart. …
- Seek a godly community. …
- Obey the Truth.
How do I grow my faith in God?
Here are 5 ways you can cultivate a stronger faith.
- Read the Word. The Bible is a book that is intended to produce faith in you. …
- Put the Word into practice. …
- Surround yourself with people of faith. …
- Read great books. …
- Trust God in the pain.
How does the Lord speak to us?
God uses human channels to speak words of prophecy, tongues and interpretation and words of wisdom and knowledge (1 Cor. 12:8-10). God also expresses Himself through human vessels to distribute His message in anointed sermons, songs and writings.
How do you feel God’s presence?
Exercise for How to Feel God’s Presence
- Pick a Scripture Verse. The verse should be one that interests you and it should be simple for this exercise. …
- Come Quietly and Read. Come to the Lord quietly and read a small portion or phrase. …
- Try to Sense the Words.
How do I stay in God’s presence?
In His presence, He has promised us blessings.
Start a relationship with Christ and draw close to Him. Begin by opening up your mouth and saying, “Hi Jesus, it’s me again.” Pour out your heart to Him. Start a morning devotion and ask God to use for His glory. Avail yourself to God and watch Him use you.
How do I talk to God?
Have a talk with God.
Talk to God similarly as you would, if a physical person were standing in front of you. You can talk to God about your daily troubles, your thoughts at the moment, your hopes and dreams, and even tell Him (and tell yourself) the things for which you’re thankful.
How can I get close to Jesus?
Talk to Jesus through prayer.
Tell him what you are up to or what your plans are or why you are sad or what you need and so on. He is your Father. He wants what’s best for you and most of all he wants you! Go to him for everything and you will feel closer to him in no time.
How can I be consistent with God?
5 Ways To Be Consistent In Your Walk With God
- Use a Devotional. This proves to be very helpful especially when you’re confused on what part of the Bible to study. …
- Join a group you can be accountable to. So I’m currently on two whatsapp groups that keep me on my toes as regards spending time with God. …
- Keep a Journal. …
- Listen to Christian Music. …
- Go to church regularly.
What is the 3rd heaven in the Bible?
A third concept of Heaven, also called shamayi h’shamayim (שׁמי השׁמים or “Heaven of Heavens”), is mentioned in such passages as Genesis 28:12, Deuteronomy 10:14 and 1 Kings 8:27 as a distinctly spiritual realm containing (or being traveled by) angels and God.
How can I put God first in my life?
To truly put God first you have to let go of what others think and follow your heart. This means letting go of what your parents, spouse, kids, boss, and friends think. When you put God first, you give yourself a voice. You express yourself in a way that is true to you.
How can I grow deeper with God?
If you too are ready to grow in spiritual maturity, here’s how you can grow deeper in your relationship with Christ:
- 1) Decide to be passionately committed to Jesus. …
- 2) Start putting into practice what you learn. …
- 3) Tend to the areas where God is calling you to grow. …
- 4) Get into the practice of fasting.