At the top of the list, unsurprisingly, is the Bible. The Guinness Book of World Records estimates that more than 5 billion copies of the Bible have been printed.
How many Bibles exist in the world?
Guinness World Records says the total number sold is likely five billion Bibles. Wow! If you look at the versions of Bibles being purchased, we have the advantage of many good translations available. Your choice depends on what you’re looking for.
What is the #1 best selling book of all time?
Top 100 best selling books of all time
|SOURCE: NIELSEN BOOK SCAN|
|1||Da Vinci Code,The||Brown, Dan|
|2||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||Rowling, J.K.|
|3||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||Rowling, J.K.|
How many copies has the Bible sold 2020?
More than 500 million have been sold worldwide. But that pales in comparison to the Bible, which has sold 5 billion copies have been printed, according to the “Guinness Book of World Records.”
How many NIV Bibles have been printed?
According to the Association for Christian Retail (CBA), the New International Version has become the most popular selling English translation of the Bible in CBA bookstores, having sold more than 450 million copies worldwide.
Which version of the Bible is closest to the original text?
Closest to the original word-for-word and readable would be the New American Standard Bible (NASB).
What is the original Bible?
Bible #1. The oldest surviving full text of the New Testament is the beautifully written Codex Sinaiticus, which was “discovered” at the St Catherine monastery at the base of Mt Sinai in Egypt in the 1840s and 1850s. Dating from circa 325-360 CE, it is not known where it was scribed – perhaps Rome or Egypt.
What is Amazon’s #1 best seller?
CHAPTER II A Closer Look at Amazon Best Seller Badge
- Ranking #1 means that a product has recently sold more than all other products in that category (or subcategory) within that particular marketplace. …
- Not all categories display the badge at all times.
What are the top 10 books to read in 2020?
The 10 Best Fiction Books of 2020
- The Vanishing Half, Brit Bennett.
- Shuggie Bain, Douglas Stuart. …
- The Mirror & the Light, Hilary Mantel. …
- A Children’s Bible, Lydia Millet. …
- Homeland Elegies, Ayad Akhtar. …
- I Hold a Wolf by the Ears, Laura van den Berg. …
- A Burning, Megha Majumdar. …
- Deacon King Kong, James McBride. …
What are the top 3 purchased books in 2020?
Book bestsellers 2020: Most purchased books we covered
- “A Promised Land” by Barack Obama. …
- “Migrations: A Novel” by Charlotte McConaghy. …
- “A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice, and Freedom” by Brittany K. …
- “Sapiens: A Graphic History: The Birth of Humankind” by Yuval Noah Harari. …
- “The Midnight Library: A Novel” by Matt Haig. …
- “The Vanishing Half: A Novel” by Brit Bennett.
What book sold the most copies in 2020?
These are the bestselling books of 2020.
- Barack Obama, A Promised Land (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Stephenie Meyer, Midnight Sun (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dav Pilkey, Dog Man (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L. …
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
- Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing (1,132,973 copies sold)
What is the 2nd most read book in the world?
He found that the Bible far outsold any other book, with a whopping 3.9 billion copies sold over the last 50 years. “Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung” came in second with 820 million copies sold, and “Harry Potter” came in third with 400 million copies sold.
What has sold more copies the Bible or the Quran?
At the top of the list, unsurprisingly, is the Bible. The Guinness Book of World Records estimates that more than 5 billion copies of the Bible have been printed. Other religious texts are also high on the list: the Quran with 800 million copies, the Book of Mormon with 120 million.
Why the NIV is a bad translation?
Originally Answered: Why is the NIV a horrible translation of the Bible? … It is an accurate translation that combines readability with word-for-word literalness. The KJV is very accurate but not very readable. The Message is very readable but is a thought-for-thought translation, not a word-for-word one.
What is the most accurate translation of the Bible?
The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT) is a translation of the Bible published by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society.
Is NIV a good Bible?
The “NIV Zondervan Study Bible” is appealing to the same market of people who want a reliable, traditional text that’s easy to read. The theological profiles of the the ESV and NIV study Bibles are very similar. … The NIV is the second most-read version of the Bible in the United States, after the King James.