Scripture presents many references to the names for God, but the key names in the Old Testament are El Elyon, El Shaddai and YHWH. In the New Testament Theos, Kyrios and Patēr (πατήρ i.e. Father in Greek) are the essential names.
What are the 7 names of God?
Seven names of God. The seven names of God that, once written, cannot be erased because of their holiness are the Tetragrammaton, El, Elohim, Eloah, Elohai, El Shaddai, and Tzevaot. In addition, the name Jah—because it forms part of the Tetragrammaton—is similarly protected.
What are the 100 names of God?
- ADONAI: Lord in our English Bibles (Capital letter ‘L ‘, lower case, ‘ord’)
- Jehovah. …
- JEHOVAH-JIREH: …
- JEHOVAH-ROPHE: …
- JEHOVAH-NISSI: …
- JEHOVAH-M’KADDESH: “The Lord Who Sanctifies” “To make whole, set apart for holiness.” The Lord says: “Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the Lord your God. …
What are the 12 names of God?
Terms in this set (12)
- ELOHIM. My Creator.
- JEHOVAH. My Lord God.
- EL SHADDAI. My Supplier.
- ADONAI. My Master.
- JEHOVAH JIREH. My Provider.
- JEHOVAH ROPHE. My Healer.
- JEHOVAH NISSI. My Banner.
- JEHOVAH MAKADESH. My Sanctifier.
What are all the names of God in the Bible?
NEW: Names of God 3″ Die Cut Stickers!
- Who is God to you? El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)
- El Elyon (The Most High God)
- Adonai (Lord, Master)
- Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
- Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
- Jehovah Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
- Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
- Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
What is God’s real name?
Hebrew personal name for God, YHWH (commonly transcribed “Yahweh”), is predominantly used, those in……
Is Yahweh God or Jesus?
Yahweh is the name of the God of the Bible. He is the God to whom Jesus prayed. Similarly, Jesus is an Anglicised version of a Greek version of the name Ιησούς, which, itself, in Hebrew is יהושע, commonly Joshua in English.
What is the most powerful name of God?
Adonai has a similar context and refers to God as a powerful ruler. Similarly, El Shaddai, derived from “shad” i.e. Lord, also points to the power of God. Yahweh is the principal name in the Old Testament by which God reveals himself and is the most sacred, distinctive and incommunicable name of God.
What are the 16 names of God?
Be sure to visit our original 16 Names of God & What They Mean post as well.
- El Shaddai el shad-di’ Lord God Almighty.
- El Elyon el el-yone’ The Most High God.
- Adonai ad-o-noy’ Lord, Master.
- Yahweh yah-weh Lord, Jehovah.
- Jehovah Nissi yeh-ho-vaw’ nis-see’ The Lord My Banner.
What are the 9 attributes of God?
Are names important to God?
Names are a gift from God. These words contain His power. They give things meaning. They bring us meaning.
How do you pray God’s name?
Most often, when we come before God, we call Him “Lord” or “Heavenly Father,” but God has a name!
10 Names of God And How To Pray Them
- YHWH/Yahweh – yah-way. …
- El/Elohim – el-oh-heem. …
- Yahweh Yireh – yah-way-ji-reh. …
- Yahweh Rapha – yah-way-raw-faw. …
- Yahweh Nissi – yah-way-nee-see.
What are the 6 attributes of God?
The six main attributes of God
- Pure Spirit.
- Infinitely Good.
- First cause of all.
What is God’s name in the New Testament?
The name Yahweh. however, is used only as a personal name. There is only one God with this name, and he is the God of Israel. Two other names for God in the Hebrew scriptures are Shaddai “God of the Mountain” usually translated as Almighty God, and Sabaot “God of the Armies” usually translated as Lord of Hosts.
What are the many names of Jesus?
- Logos (the Word)
- Son of God.
- Son of man.
What are the 7 redemptive names of God?
The 7 Redemptive Names of God
- Jehovah-Rapha, The Lord our Healer – (Ex 15:26; Isa 1:5-6; Jer 17:9; Lk 5:31)
- Jehovah-Nissi, the Lord our Banner [or Refuge] – (Ex 17:8-15; Ps 20:5)
- Jehovah-Shammah, the Lord (who) is Present – (Ezek 48:35; Ex 33:14-15; 1 Chr 16:27; Ps 16:11; 97:5)