“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.” “I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry.” “Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly.” “But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.”
What is patience according to the Bible?
The quality or virtue of patience is presented as either forbearance or endurance. In the former sense it is a quality of self-restraint or of not giving way to anger, even in the face of provocation; it is attributed to both God and man and is closely related to mercy and compassion.
What’s a good scripture for comfort?
Bible Quotes That Will Bring Comfort In Times of Grief Or Sadness
- Psalm 9:9. The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
- Psalm 18:2. …
- Psalm 22:24. …
- Psalm 23. …
- Psalm 27:4-5. …
- Psalm 30:5. …
- Psalm 34:18. …
- Psalm 37:39.
How do I pray for patience?
Lord, give me the strength to wait upon Your promises. Help me to stay patient when the end goal seems so far out of reach. Just as I must wait for Your revelation, I pray that I learn to wait patiently with understanding for all things to come to pass in my life. Amen.
What does the Bible say about patient endurance?
That all comes from the Lord.
It’s in His strength that you can endure and be patient. It’s Him that will carry you through.
What are the benefits of patience?
Four Reasons to Cultivate Patience
- Patient people enjoy better mental health. This finding is probably easy to believe if you call to mind the stereotypical impatient person: face red, head steaming. …
- Patient people are better friends and neighbors. …
- Patience helps us achieve our goals. …
- Patience is linked to good health.
What is patience explain?
A Definition of Patience
patience n. the quality of being able calmly to endure suffering, toil, delay, vexation or the like; sufferance. … Patience, then, is the ability to wait calmly for or through something.
What is a good prayer for someone having surgery?
Dear God, Please watch over my dear friend as they go into surgery. Give them peace and still their anxious heart. Direct the doctor’s hands skillfully as they undergo surgery on my friend. Let my friend feel Your hand upon them and let them be comforted by Your presence in the operation room.
What is a good Bible verse for family?
Bible Verses About Family Love
- “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” – Ephesians 5:25.
- “Love is patient, love is kind. …
- “Let love be genuine. …
- “We love because he first loved us.” – …
- “So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” –
What is God’s perfect timing?
God’s perfect timing does two things: It grows our faith as we are forced to wait and trust in God and it makes certain that He, and He alone, gets the glory and praise for pulling us through. “My times are in Your hands …” Psalm 31:15. At the right time, God will provide your need.
Is it bad to pray for patience?
The story goes, a Christian should never pray for patience because God will then bring something difficult into their life requiring serious patience. For anyone who believes this, you may not realize it, but this theology is incredibly hurtful and inaccurate.
What does Quran say about patience?
In Quran there is usually a close connection between being patiently persisting in doing right and expecting relief or deliverance from God (tawakkul). Thus Muhammad is told to be “patient till your Lord decides, for you are in Our sight”.
What does God say about not giving up?
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
What to do when you feel like God is silent?
What To Do When You Feel God Isn’t Listening
- Take a deep breath. Feel the air fill your lungs and be grateful that you are alive. …
- Know that this too shall pass. Nothing except Heaven is forever. …
- Consult your Bible. Below we’ve listed some Bible verses for when you feel like God isn’t there. …
- Pray to God.
What does it mean to have patient endurance?
adjective. 1. Capable of Bearing or enduring pain, difficulty, annoyance, provocation, misfortune, delay, hardship, etc., with fortitude and calmness and without complaint, anger, or the like. 2.